The ultimate goal of the VIP Program is to transform higher education using a multidisciplinary approach to answer questions.
The VIP Program at CSU is part of a consortium. Other institutions are also in the process of implementing their own programs, and a few already have them established. By working across national and international scales, the partner institutions can work together to expand programs, define effective practices, and support new partners.
In May of 2015 at the Consortium Launch Meeting, Consortium members defined key criteria on which to focus in the coming months:
- Faculty development, effective practices
- Long-term sustainability for sites, institutionalization
- Tools and resources
- Diversity of faculty and students
- Evaluating student learning in a VIP context
- Recruiting new institutions, sponsors, partners
- Education research